For drought studies Saveer offers Rainout shelter, which is designed to prevent the experimental plots from rains and high speed wind. This facility is used for drought related studies as it provides a means of controlling the input of water.
Rainout shelter facility is provided in customized sizes asked by customers as per their needs. Different models i.e. static & movable are available. Movable model has automatic and manual versions.
- Automatic version is motorized and is signaled by a rain sensor to move over the protected plot by a drive system controlled by microprocessor.
- Manual version is operated manually by using switch to move the structure.
- The structure rests on rail with deep support system.
- Super structure suitable to sustain maximum Indian wind load conditions
- Cladding is done by using DL Sheet, no yellowing up-to 20 years.
- Shelter side covering by appropriate system.
- Canopy opening and closing is available in both manual and automatic.
Controlled System/Drive Mechanism
1. Automatic: with intelligent Control System
The system is so sensitive to sense the rain and strong winds that once the rain or wind blows strongly the superstructure will automatically move away from the parking area to protect the experimental crops and when the conditions return to normal the superstructure will move back to the parking place. The human hand is only involved, in setting the limits.
2. Semi automatic:
This version is motorized but is operated manually in the sense that the system is to be switched on/off manually to move the superstructure from and to the parking area.
The superstructure on the manual version and will be moved manually from its parking spot on the protected plot whenever a rain is expected, not when the rain begins. It is moved into the parking space when rain is expected to cease completely.